Friday, June 17, 2011

Quotes and Cookies: Escapist Ideas

In honor of Favorite Quote Friday, here's one I love:
“I don't know where my ideas come from, but I know where they come to. They come to my desk, and if I'm not there, they go away again.”

~Philip Pullman
Of course, I don't believe you have to be AT your desk, because ideas come in a million different places. I think he means that they aren't going to come (or at least stick) if you aren't ready to do something with it. If you aren't ready to WORK.

And if they come to you and you don’t write them down, they’ll go away again! Ideas are like that. Flighty. Little escape artists just waiting for you to turn your back. Or you know, sometimes they're just waiting for you to blink.

And hey, everyone— it’s Friday! Let’s celebrate getting great ideas by having a virtual Almond White Chocolate Chunk cookie! Yum.


Photo courtesy recipebridge.com

4 comments:

tammy said...

My ideas come while I'm in the shower. I don't own a waterproof pen and pad of paper. Do you see my problem? Also, I love cookies.

Peggy Eddleman said...

tammy-- you need Aqua Notes! Aqua Notes and cookies, that is.

K. Marie Criddle said...

"little escape artists"

YES YES A MILLION TIMES YES TO THIS

Come back, brilliant new idea! Nooooo! I was just getting a DRINK! And a cookie!

Peggy Eddleman said...

Exactly! I hate when you figured out the perfect wording for a sentence, start typing, and the little buggers escape before you can even finish! Slippery ones, they are.